JSR Corporation and its subsidiaries ("JSR Group") consider the protection for personal information (hereafter inclusive of specific personal information) under the advanced information-telecommunication society to be of the utmost importance, and in order to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003) and other laws, regulations and guidelines related to the protection of personal information, will make efforts to observe the following policy for protection of all personal information.
- 1. Acquisition of Personal Information.
- JSR Group will clarify the purpose of use and will acquire personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose, in 2 below by legitimate and fair means.
- 2. Use of Personal Information and the legal basis for use
- JSR Group will acquire personal information for the following purpose and will use the personal information, based on consent of the data subject or where the use is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- (1)For acceptance of applications for goods or services and provision of these services
- (2)For performance of a contract between JSR Group and customers
- (3)For responding to various inquiries from customers
- (4)For informing customers on the guidance of JSR Group's goods or services
- 3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
- Except as otherwise provided under the following cases, JSR Group will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party.
- (1)Upon obtaining prior consent of the data subject
- (2)Only when it is necessary for the purpose of use, the above 2, where JSR Group will disclose or provide personal information to subcontractors which have entered into a non-disclose agreement with JSR Group
- (3)Other cases where disclosure or provision is permitted under the Act on Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations
- 4. Control of Personal Information
- (1)JSR Group will make efforts to treat personal information appropriately in the day-to-day business by means of forming the organization/framework for the appropriate control of personal information, keeping every officer/employee informed about this Policy and implementing this Policy.
- (2)JSR Group set up a personal information protection management officer who controls protection and management of personal information and JSR Group clarifies the role.
- (3)JSR Group will take necessary and appropriate measures for security of personal information against illegal access and/or computer viruses in order to prevent personal information from any damage, loss, destruction, falsification and divulgation.
- (4)When JSR Group entrust a certain subcontractor to handle personal information, JSR Group will strictly control and supervise such subcontractor.
- 5. Storage period of personal information
- In the event that the storage period stipulated by laws has expired or if the use is no longer necessary for the achievement of the use objectives described in the above 2, we will delete the personal information without delay.
- 6. Requests for Disclosure, Correcting, Disuse and Erasure
- When a data subject requests JSR Group to disclose, correct, disuse or erase its personal information retained by JSR Group, or lodges complaints with JSR Group, JSR Group will appropriately respond to such requests and complaints in accordance with applicable laws/regulations and procedures set out by JSR Group. Also, regarding the using of personal information, a data subject can lodge complaints with the Personal Information Protection Committee and other supervisory authorities.
Also, a data subject can withdraw its consent to the using of personal information at any time.
- 7. Continuous Improvement for the Protection of Personal Information
- JSR Group will observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure and other laws, regulations and guidelines related to the protection of personal information, and will continually work to improve this Policy and the protection of personal information. In addition, the details of the measures for securing specific personal information is set forth in the internal regulation "Rules for handling specific personal information"
If you have any requests, etc. under 6 of this Policy or other inquiries concerning our handling of personal information and wish to contact to the personal information protection management officer, unless the other contact points are described in the privacy policies in the other JSR Group companies' websites, please contact us at the following contact point:
1-9-2, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Fax: +81 3 6218 3682
E-mail:email@example.com (general affairs department)
Some or all of the personal information provided by customers may be used by the Company, for the following purposes only: response to and handling of inquiries and requests from customers; and other purposes as indicated on this page.